GRMON3 is a hardware monitor optimized for LEON systems, providing a non-intrusive debug environment. The target system can be monitored and controlled by the graphical user interface with scripting support. A large number of debug link interfaces are supported and the debugger can be user adapted for several system configurations.
GRMON3 has full support for multi-core systems, such as the GR740 Quad-Core LEON4 SPARC V8 Processor GR740 device and the dual-core GR712RC.
- Read/write access to all LEON registers and memory
- Execution control with support for multiple CPUs and OS threads
- Built-in disassembler and trace buffer management
- Breakpoint and watchpoint management
- Command-line mode
- Remote connection to GNU debugger (GDB)
- Auto-probing and initialization of LEON peripherals and memory settings
- Error injection for fault-tolerant LEON processors
- Supported debug interfaces: USB, Ethernet, JTAG, UART and SpaceWire
- Common Flash Interface (CFI) compatible Flash PROM programming
- Tcl scripting support
- All GRMON commands are Tcl commands
- Custom commands and device drivers can be implemented by the user
- Hooks for installing custom handlers executed on certain events
- Peripheral device register bits available as Tcl variables
- TAB-completion on Tcl variables, procedures, file names etc.
- In-application help for all commands
- Context-based virtual memory handling
- Translates virtual addresses for GDB, e.g. it's possible to debug the VxWorks/Linux kernel
Graphical User Interface
The GRMON3 GUI greatly extends the traditional monitoring and control capabilities of GRMON:
- Debug-link and system configuration dialog
- Multi-core LEON and OS threads execution status and backtrace view
- Disassembly view with symbol information
- Memory, CPU register and I/O register inspection and edit views
- Optimized SPARC/LEON IU register view
- Basic execution control such as single-stepping, continuing, breaking
- Application launch dialog
- Tcl terminal views with history, tab-completion, etc.
- Application terminals via UART forwarding
- GRLIB SOC system hardware overview
Supported target devices
Supported platforms and system requirements
GRMON3 is provided for platforms: Linux, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Documentation and download
GRMON3 User's Manual is available on-line.
Professional and evaluation versions of GRMON3 for Linux and Windows can be obtained from the download page.