GRMON is a debug monitor for LEON processors. It communicates with the LEON debug support unit (DSU) and allows non-intrusive debugging of the complete target system.
Note that GRMON will henceforth not be extended with support for new IP cores. Please instead refer to GRMON2
for new developments.
The following features are provided by GRMON:
- Read/write access to all registers and memory
- Built-in disassembler and trace buffer management
- Downloading and execution of applications
- Breakpoint and watchpoint management
- Non-intrusive application profiling
- Error injection for LEON-FT
- Remote connection to GNU debugger (gdb)
- User-defined commands
- Flash programming for Intel and AMD flash proms
- Auto-probing of target hardware
- Support for LEON3/GRLIB plug-play interface
- Supported under the Eclipse IDE
- Serial, Ethernet, JTAG, PCI and USB debug interfaces
GRMON is currently available for three platforms: linux, windows and solaris.