GRMON2 is a debug monitor for the LEON2, LEON3 and LEON4 Debug Support Unit (DSU), providing a non-intrusive debug environment on real target hardware. The LEON DSU can be controlled through any AMBA AHB master and GRMON2 therefore supports communication through a large number of interfaces.
GRMON2 has extended support for multi-core systems, such as the dual-core GR712RC Dual-Core LEON3FT Processor and GR740 Quad-Core LEON4FT Processor devices..
- Read/write access to all LEON registers and memory
- Downloading and execution of LEON applications
- Built-in disassembler and trace buffer management
- Breakpoint and watchpoint management
- Command-line mode
- Remote connection to GNU debugger (GDB)
- Single word or burst access to AMBA on-chip bus
- GRLIB Plug & Play support
- Auto-probing and initialisation of LEON peripherals and memory settings
- Error injection for fault-tolerant LEON processors
- Supported debug interfaces: PCI, USB, Ethernet, JTAG, UART and SpaceWire
- Common Flash Interface (CFI) compatible Flash PROM programming
- Tcl interactive interpreter support
- All commands have been rewritten to support Tcl syntax
- TAB-completion on Tcl variables, procedures, namespaces etc.
- Tcl scripting:
- GRMON2 commands leave return values for scripting
- Variables are exported that let the user access DSU and debug drivers without using commands
- Start-up scripts
- Extend GRMON2:
- custom AMBA cores using new Tcl-driver interface
- easy custom command implementation using Tcl
- install custom handlers (hooks) on certain events
- In-application help system with full command reference
- Multi-core system support
- GDB does not consume the console, i.e. it's possible to inspect registers etc. while GDB is connected
- GDB watchpoint support
- Translates virtual addresses for GDB, e.g. it's possible to debug the Linux kernel
- Expanded register information listing
GRMON2 provides a terminal based user interface. It is not a GUI application.
Supported platforms and system requirements
GRMON2 is currently provided for platforms: Linux-x86, Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7.
Documentation and download
GRMON2 user manual is available on-line.
Professional and evaluation versions of GRMON2 for Linux and Windows can be obtained from the download page.