The telemetry encoder and telecommand decoder are implemented in an Actel RTAX2000S/SL FPGA. The encoder is implemented in hardware, whereas the lower layers of the decoder are implemented in hardware with the higher layers externally in software. The hardware encoded telemetry and decoded command outputs do not require software and can be used for critical operations.
- CCSDS/ECSS compatible Telemetry Encoder and Telecommand Decoder
- Telemetry encoder implements in hardware protocol sub-layer, synchronization & channel coding sub-layer, and part of physical layer
- Telemetry input via SpaceWire links (using RMAP)
- Reed-Solomon and Convolutional encoding
- Telecommand decoder implements in hardware synchronization & channel coding sub-layer, and part of physical layer
- Software telecommand output via SpaceWire link (using RMAP)
- Hardware telecommand output via parallel port
- 2 Mbit/s downlink, 100 kbit/s uplink
- CQFP 352 package
- Total Ionizing Dose Up to 300 krad (Si)
- Single-Event Latch-Up Immunity (SEL) to LETTH > 107 MeV-cm2/mg
- Immune to Single-Event Upsets (SEU) to LETTH > 37 MeV-cm2/mg (before TMR and EDAC)
The telemetry encoder and telecommand decoder can be used in systems where CCSDS and ECSS compatible communication services are required. The software implementation of the higher layers of the telecommand decoder allows for implementation flexibility and accommodation of future standard enhancements. The hardware decoded command outputs and pulses do not require software and can therefore be used for critical operations. The hardware encoded telemetry and decoded command outputs do not require software and can be used for critical operations.